Winter holiday for
SKier meets non-skier We have a few tips for you
The deep love to winter time need not necessarily be love to skiing or snowboarding. For all those, who love the soft and calm side of winter and wants to meet their friends on the slopes, we have a selection of huts:
- The Hecherhütte (1) directly at the Viehhofen slope no. 168. Reachable on foot, by car or taxi (only with snow chains or all-wheel).
- The zellamseeXpress in Viehhofen takes you to lofty heights on the Schmitten. After a short walk you reach the Schnapshans Alm (2).
- At the Schönleitenbahn, reachable by ski bus or public bus:
at the valley station: "Hochwart Tenne" (3)
next to the middle station "Rachkuchl" and "Hochwartalm" (4)
at the mountain station: "Wildenkarhütte" (5)
- The Maisalm (6) at the Kohlmais, reachable by skis on the piste No. 152 and on foot from the valley
- Luisalm und Bärnalm are directly at the Bernkogelbahn mountain station situated (7).
- Hinterglemm offers the Wieseralm (8) next to the Reiterkogel mountain station. With a nice walk you get to the Pfefferalm (9), from where you can continue your walk down to the valley.
- Directly at the mountain station of the Hochalmbahn is the 1350 Alm (10) - a hut in modern alpine style.
- At the mountain station of the 12er Kogel, there is the 12er Treff (11) and next to the middle station the Bigfoot Bar or Winkler Alm (12). On a walk from the middle station to the valley (approx. 2 h) you can stop at the Ellmaualm (13) and the Hintermaisalm (14).
- Only a few metres from the top station of the Westgipfelbahn you will find the Westgipfelhütte (15).
- At the top station of the SchattbergXpress is the Skyrest situated (16)
Map for orientation only!